Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Smith, Mitchell" <mi...@cwc.com> on 2013/05/01 15:52:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Issues Implementing ldap authentication.

Hi,

I am trying to implement ldap authentication into my configuration for svn
running under apache2.2 (httpd2.2.24) running on Linux.

I have the following configuration, but it appears that it always fails to
call the ldap server.

        <IfModule dav_svn_module>
                <Location />
                        DAV svn
                        SVNParentPath /opt/subversion/repos
                        SVNListParentPath On
                        AuthzSVNAccessFile /opt/subversion/svnaccess
                        AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
                        AuthBasicProvider ldap
                        AuthType Digest
                        AuthName "DOMAIN.COM"
                        AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=TestSVN,OU=Users -
Users,OU=Accounts,DC=CWIHQ,DC=CWIGINTRA,DC=COM"
                        AuthLDAPBindPassword "Password"
                        AuthLDAPURL "ldap://
LDAP.DOMAIN.COM:389/DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)"
                        Require valid-user
                        # AuthUserFile
/usr/subversion/apache2/conf.d/svnAuthBlank
                </Location>
        </IfModule>

It appears that ldap is never called, and the authentication attempts to
fall back to the AuthUserFile, which I do not want.

I have checked multiple tutorials online and cannot see where I am going
wrong. If I un-comment the AuthUserFile it fails to authenticate as the
user does not exist in the file.

Can anyone assist with this.

Thanks

--
*Mitchell Smith
*

The information contained in this email (and any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient
and have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the message and any attachments.
If you are not the named addressee, you must not copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email.
Cable & Wireless Communications Plc and its affiliates reserve the right to monitor all email communications through their networks to
ensure regulatory compliance.

Cable & Wireless Communications Plc is a company registered in England & Wales with number:
07130199 and offices located at 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ

Re: [users@httpd] Issues Implementing ldap authentication.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Vishesh kumar <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder, if we can use SASL mechanism here for authenticating via LDAP.

Doubtful. I don't think web browsers nor Apache do SASL.

Re: [users@httpd] Issues Implementing ldap authentication.

Posted by Vishesh kumar <li...@gmail.com>.
I wonder, if we can use SASL mechanism here for authenticating via LDAP.

Thanks
Vishesh Kumar

--
http://linuxmantra.com

Re: [users@httpd] Issues Implementing ldap authentication.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "david@ecker-software.de" <da...@ecker-software.de>.
Hi,

the documentation for AuthzLDAPAuthoritative :
 <snip>Prevent other authentication modules from authenticating the user if this
one fails</snip>

Default is on but you did set it to off, why? If ldap fails another
authorization will be tried.

The main problems should be the line <snip> AuthType Digest</snip>. As far as I
know you can use digest/MD5 password encryption with file authentification but
not with LDAP. LDAP requires basic authentification. But beware that without any
other security meachanism like VPN or SSL a simple network sniffer will be able
to get the passwords from the network stream.

bye,
David