Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com> on 2002/12/17 09:27:00 UTC

Re: How to call a servlet in the generator part of the cocoon pipeline

hy,

Concerning call of a servlet, that depends, where it is
running. If it's in another webapp, simply call the
file generator, e.g.:

<map:match pattern="*testme">
   <map:generate type="file"
      src="http://www.yoursite.com/pathTotheServlet"/>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

If it is in the same webapp, you have to integrate
your servlet first into the cocoon app -> look into
http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp. I think, there
are some howtos about that...

session preserving:

As i learned from the developers, sessionm preserving is
currently not available in any means.

But because i need it too ->
I am talking about this with some of the cocoon
developers. We are going to solve this problem
hopefully during this week (i can't promise though,
because it depends on time schedule).

The results will be donated back to cocoon. So maybe you
can profit from these results. I will send an email to
this list, when we are ready.

regards, hussayn