Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net> on 2002/08/01 23:15:03 UTC

[OT] Re: ANNOUNCE: Mason 1.12

On Thursday, August 1, 2002, at 02:11  PM, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> See, that's the problem.  We're up in the hundreds.  Maybe we should've
> started formatting these with '%04d' way back when but that certainly
> wouldn't help now.

I've given up on letting CVS set $VERSION, for just this reason. It's a
major PITA. I set $VERSION manually.

> Or we could just use the CVS revision as an integer, not a float.  That is
> weirder in some ways, but will just work right forever.

Hm, not sure I understand how this would work.

David

david@wheeler.net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org