Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by PHIL CAVAZOS <ph...@salemhospital.org> on 2003/04/23 18:12:42 UTC

Compiling java files for Tomcat

I've been trying to compile test Java files into the appropriate binay classes, but the Java compiler (latest download from Sun) doesn't include the 'javax' package. I downloaded the Web Services Package but these classes don't seem to incorporate into the JAVA_HOME directory. I would like input on the best way to either get the javax packages or where I can download them to install into the JAVA_HOME directory? Thanks in advance.

Phil

This message and any included attachments is from Pacific Health
Horizons and is intended for the sole use of the individual and
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee or
authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are
hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained
in the message.  If you have received this message in error,
please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete
the message.

Re: Compiling java files for Tomcat

Posted by Andoni <an...@indigo.ie>.
When compiling servlets etc. for use in tomcat you have to include the
servlet.jar from %TOMCAT_HOME%/lib in your classpath.

Andoni.

PS: if it's not in t_home/lib check the other lib directories and include it
wherever it is.

A.

Posted by Andy Eastham <an...@gliant.com>.
Phil,

You probably need the Java Servlet Development Kit from java.sun.com

Andy