Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by gacek <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/04 17:56:36 UTC

ActimeMQ CPP run .exe problem

Hi, I have a big problem with ActiveMQ fo C++. After building examples from
apache, i run an exe file and i get the error (translated from polish) "you
can not start program because libapr-1.dll was not found on the computer".
Can anyone help me ?

Re: ActimeMQ CPP run .exe problem

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 2013-01-06 at 11:57 -0800, gacek wrote:
> Thanks for quick answer :) by adding to the system path you understand
> pasting that library, for example to system32?

You could drop the DLL into system32 if you so choose to or you can edit
the system environment variables and update Path with the directory
where your DLLs are located.

Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: ActimeMQ CPP run .exe problem

Posted by gacek <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 08:56 -0800, gacek wrote:
> Hi, I have a big problem with ActiveMQ fo C++. After building examples from
> apache, i run an exe file and i get the error (translated from polish) "you
> can not start program because libapr-1.dll was not found on the computer".
> Can anyone help me ?

The DLL needs to be located somewhere on the system path so that it can
be found and loaded at runtime, otherwise you need to use the static
linked builds to avoid the DLL lookup issue