Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bruno Waes <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/26 19:54:05 UTC

maven-javadoc-plugin and dependencies

I created my own Doclet that uses freemarker as a template engine.

I tried adding it to another project to generated my own javadocs from it

    <reporting>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <doclet>myPackage.BlockDoclet</doclet>
                    <outputDirectory>

${project.build.directory}/blockdocs</outputDirectory>
                    <docletArtifact>
                        <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>
                        <artifactId>myPackage.blockdoc</artifactId>
                        <version>${project.version}</version>
                    </docletArtifact>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </reporting>

i thought that using the 'docletArtifact' would wire the dependencies that
project has to the -classpath option of javadoc

but it results in my doclet not finding freemarker ...

1 error
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
like this :

<build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <dependencies>
                    <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.freemarker</groupId>
                        <artifactId>freemarker</artifactId>
                        <version>2.3.15</version>
                    </dependency>
                </dependencies>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

but that doesn't change my error.

any idea what i need to do to get this running ? even a workaround ?

thanks in advance
Bruno