Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org> on 2003/12/03 06:43:17 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mpm_common.xml mpm_winnt.xml

stoddard@apache.org writes:

> stoddard    2003/11/20 12:12:13
>
>   Modified:    docs/manual/mod mpm_common.xml mpm_winnt.xml
>   Log:
>   Win32: MaxMemFree works with mpm_winnt

I noticed this change while I was trying to backport
Japanese translation of 2.1 document to 2.0.  Since this
change is only done in 2.1, I dived into source code whether
this applies to 2.0 or not.

AP_INIT_TAKE1("MaxMemFree" in core.c is same and
ap_mpm_set_max_mem_free in mpm_common.c is also same.  And
mpm_winnt.c is same, so MaxMemFree should also work on Win32
in 2.0, right?

One thing that puzzled me while checking the code is that
mpm_winnt.c doesn't call apr_allocator_max_free_set like any
other MPMs (except perchild).  Doesn't it have to call it,
too?

--
Yoshiki Hayashi

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mpm_common.xml mpm_winnt.xml

Posted by Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org>.
Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu> writes:

>> > One thing that puzzled me while checking the code is that
>> > mpm_winnt.c doesn't call apr_allocator_max_free_set like any
>> > other MPMs (except perchild).  Doesn't it have to call it,
>> > too?
>>
>> Yes.  I guess I should go back and review FB's change...
>
> Oh, actually, he does appear to have added that in the commit log dated
> stoddard    2003/11/20 11:44:19.  I'm still reviewing though.

Oh, my bad.  I grepped 2.0 source tree and checked mpm_winnt.c
against HEAD but didn't grep 2.1 tree...

So the change is only in 2.1 and documentation is correct.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mpm_common.xml mpm_winnt.xml

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:

> One thing that puzzled me while checking the code is that
> mpm_winnt.c doesn't call apr_allocator_max_free_set like any
> other MPMs (except perchild).  Doesn't it have to call it,
> too?

Yes.  I guess I should go back and review FB's change...

--Cliff