Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2003/10/02 04:05:44 UTC

avalon product breakdown

Inspired by my earlier email concerning product breakdown (and its
incompletness with respect to all the content at Avalon), here is a more
complete view that follows the notion of a future "Avalon" as a single
product.  I've adjusted a little the structure to seperate containment
from platform. Under platform I'm including the current container
suite.  Under containment I'm including the continer independent
facilities that make up a starting point of the "Avalon Component and
Service Management Solution".

  Avalon Home
    + Products
      + Avalon <-------- link for "Avalon Component and Service
Management Solution"
        + Platform
          + Fortress
          + Merlin
          + Phoenix
        + Containment
          + Activation
          + Composition
          + Repository
          + Framework
          + Meta
        + Utilities
          + LogKit
      + Excalibur
        + Configuration
        + Datasource
        + Event
        + i18n
        + Instrument
        + Lifecycle
        + Logger
        + Monitor
        + Pool
        + Source Resolver
        + Store
        + Thread
        + XML Util
      + Cornerstone
        + Threads
        + Connections
        + Datasources
        + Scheduler
        + Sockets
        + Store

In the above breakdown I have not included anything that is depricated.
Packages such as Excalibur Component and the Compat package should be
included under a Resources menu - i.e. keep them out of the product
picture.  I have also attempted to defocussed Logkit relative to the
notion of "what is avalon".

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell