Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Audrey MORELLE <au...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/07/21 09:31:24 UTC

RE : Re: RE : J2 - Get a parameter in the page out of portlets

Hi,

  I don't really understand your question.
  This is a portlet I deployed with a war I made myself.
  Hope this will answer.

  Audrey

David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> a écrit :
  Are you working with a layout (internal) portlet, or a portlet in a
portlet application outside of Jetspeed?

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

---------------------------------

Re: RE : J2 - Get a parameter in the page out of portlets - JSP Decorator Layout

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Audrey MORELLE wrote:
> "It sounds like you would like to dynamically add content to the Jetspeed
> decorator header from a portlet, is that correct?"
>   That's right.
>
>   Thank you for these informations.
>   I'm not sure that I can wait after the new portlet spec so I'll see to find another solution.
>
>   Another question about layout.
>
>   How can I define a layout with JSP ?
>   I tried to change in decorator.properties
>   template.type=jsp
> template.extension=.jsp
>   And made header.jsp and footer.jsp
>   But it didn't work.
>   Did I missed something ?
>
>   Audrey
The Jetspeed layouts would need to be extended to include JSP decorators
The columns layout includes decorator content as:

     #parse($f.decoration.template)

which is a Velocity specific solution

The layouts are also only written with velocity, although it would be
possible to write a JSP-based layout, since a layout is a portlet.

RE : J2 - Get a parameter in the page out of portlets - JSP Decorator Layout

Posted by Audrey MORELLE <au...@yahoo.fr>.

David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> a écrit :    Audrey MORELLE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't really understand your question.
> This is a portlet I deployed with a war I made myself.
> Hope this will answer.

OK, sounds like its the second options below "a portlet in a portlet
application outside of Jetspeed"

It sounds like you would like to dynamically add content to the Jetspeed
decorator header from a portlet, is that correct?

Im seeing more and more requests for this kind of thing.
We currently have the ability to add content to the area from a
portlet, but its pretty much prototype level and I don't feel
comfortable recommending yet. Additionally, the new portlet spec will
eventually address this issue. Finally, Im working on a possible
solution for this today. Let me get back to you on it...

---------------------------------

Re: RE : Re: RE : J2 - Get a parameter in the page out of portlets

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Audrey MORELLE wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I don't really understand your question.
>   This is a portlet I deployed with a war I made myself.
>   Hope this will answer.

OK, sounds like its the second options below "a portlet in a portlet
application outside of Jetspeed"

It sounds like you would like to dynamically add content to the Jetspeed
decorator header from a portlet, is that correct?

Im seeing more and  more requests for this kind of thing.
We currently have the ability to add content to the <head> area from a