Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by max scalf <or...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/24 21:57:30 UTC

hidden files hdfs

Hello all,

I am pretty new to Hadoop world and while reading the definitive
guide(hadoop) by Tom White i came across the localfilesystem section that
says the hidden files are created which is the checksum for each chunk of
file.

I wanted to find out how does one go about listing the contents using
hadoop fs -ls command showing hidden files.

Is that even possible to list the content using hadoop fs command to list
all the contents directory (like we do on linux using ls -a cmd).