Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2017/02/08 08:54:21 UTC

Move of camel-activemq to camel project

We are currently discussing in activemq dev to move the camel-activemq
component over to the camel project and retire the camel plugin for
activemq.
This will make the dependencies of activemq simpler as there will be no
more direct dependency on camel. This is especially important as there
were some changes in camel 2.18 that make it difficult for activemq to
adapt to.

Would the camel community agree to take over the component? I would also
be interested to hear if anyone uses the camel plugin for activemq.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Move of camel-activemq to camel project

Posted by Karel Bernolet <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On a previous project I once quickly wrote some camel routes in the
activemq configuration to dump some queues to disk and restore them
afterwards as our kahadb store was running out of disk space due to some
external services being not available.

for a current project, I rely on the camel activemq component, which might
be change to the general jms component.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian

I think it is okay for moving the activemq-camel to Camel and only
include the pieces that is the JMS component. eg so its a tiny wrapper
on top of camel-jms that is optimized for AcitveMQ which is what
people are using.

The current code in activemq-camel has some old code that are not in
use which can be dropped.

The broker piece can then be deprecated on AMQ side and then
eventually dropped. As you say people can find other ways move
messages in the AMQ broker if they desire.

I suggest to log JIRAs at both AMQ and Camel and link them to each other.

--
Claus Ibsen