Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steve Lake <st...@raiden.net> on 2006/11/10 19:03:30 UTC

Is the current spam war a Microsoft creation?

         Just wanted your guys' feedback on an article I wrote just the
other day that talks about a possible source of this current spam war.  It
talks about how its all too convenient that Microsoft got smacked down hard
on their Sender ID system recently, and then this starts shortly
afterwards.  Almost like they want to weary us and wear us down to the
point that we capitulate and take their system.

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=162 <- The article is here.

         Read it and then share your thoughts.  If it is somehow provable
and Microsoft is somehow in the middle of this, what could be done to them
in retaliation for this sudden flood of spam?  Assuming it is them of
course.  And no, I'm not trying to promote any of my stuff.  I'm just
trying to get a good dialogue going on this and see what others think about
this topic.  If it turns out I'm wrong, which I'd like to be, then I'll
happily eat my words.  But if I'm right, something definitely needs to be done.

Steven Lake
Owner/Technical Writer
Raiden's Realm
www.raiden.net
A friendly web community

Re: Is the current spam war a Microsoft creation?

Posted by Steve Lake <st...@raiden.net>.
At 12:26 PM 11/10/2006 -0600, Stuart Johnston wrote:
>I thought the Sender ID thing was over a long time ago but apparently they
>recently opened it up:
>
>http://news.google.com/news?q=sender+id

         Nah, they're trying to push it again.  It's a microsoft
thing.  Beat a dead horse, prop it up with sticks and beat it some more
until someone buys it.  ;)

Posted by Stuart Johnston <st...@ebby.com>.