Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Harry Hinch <hh...@acclamation.com> on 2001/05/16 17:01:11 UTC

Tomcat configuration

I am just trying Tomcat.

I'm running:
Tomcat 3.2.1 with mod_jserv
Apache 1.3.19
Red Hat Linux 7.1

in our old environment (Apache/jserv) I was able to go to
http://hostname/luminx/ServletName and my servlet would run.

I added a context to server.xml for /luminx

I also added the following to server.xml
<RequestInterceptor
	classname="org.apache.tomcat.request.InvokerInterceptor"
	debug="0" prefix="/" />

I know the comments say that the prefix has to be a minimum of "//" but I
do not want to have to go to /luminx/servlet/ServletName just to run my
Servlet.  I want to be able to run it the way I did with JServ.

Is this the right way to do this or is there a better way.

Harry Hinch
Acclamation Systems, Inc
111 Ryan Court
Pittsburgh, PA 15205