Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/15 19:48:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Storm 1.1.0 (rc1)

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Storm 1.1.0 (rc1)

Full list of changes in this release:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG.md;hb=4d80461a62e6f739dccff79af176bc109bc491e7

The tag/commit to be voted upon is v1.1.0:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=tree;h=3b65fb11287301d3d02bc9d26533985e269f32c4;hb=4d80461a62e6f739dccff79af176bc109bc491e7

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-1.1.0-rc1/apache-storm-1.1.0-src.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-1.1.0-rc1/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;hb=22b832708295fa2c15c4f3c70ac0d2bc6fded4bd

The Nexus staging repository for this release is:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestorm-1037

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Storm 1.1.0.

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Storm 1.1.0
[ ]  0 No opinion

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

-Taylor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 1.1.0 (rc1)

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
FYI: STORM-1976 and STORM-1977 is already resolved, and I filed
kafka-offset-util
issue to STORM-1988, and submitted pull request.

2016년 7월 20일 (수) 오후 5:50, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "darion.yaphet" <fl...@163.com>.

[CANCELED][VOTE] Release Apache Storm 1.1.0 (rc1)

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Canceling vote to address issues.

-Taylor

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Personally I'd like to hold on releasing 1.1.0 since I think STORM-1136
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-1136> (show kafka offset
information to UI) has some issues to be considered.
(Sorry I forgot to file issues or initiate discussions. I was struggling to
handle other issues.)

Let me summarize the issues on STORM-1136,
- Partition offset information occupies huge area of topology page. The
more partitions topology is pulling from, the longer the area is.
- It introduces considerable latency on loading topology page. It's not
updated dynamically so we should wait it to be loaded to see whole topology
page.

Attached the two screenshots respectively.
I'll initiate the discussion to dev@ if we agree it needs to be addressed,
and want to discuss how to fix.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)