Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by will_mad <wi...@eads.com> on 2008/04/21 10:42:27 UTC

MessageExchange operation null after content based router

Hi,

In my servicemix configuration, a http-consumer acts as a proxy service and
forward exchanges to a content based router.
This router routes the message to a pojo based on servicemix-bean. I noticed
that when doing a exchange.getOperation() in my pojo, the returned value is
"null". However, if I put my servicemix-bean component just after the
http-consumer, the exchange.getOperation() return a correct value...
Is this a normal behavior?
Thanks for your help

Re: MessageExchange operation null after content based router

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

The CBR implementation copies over the attachments/properties/content
from the normalized messages, but it doesn't do this for the
MessageExchange properties themselves.  In my mind, this kind of makes
sense because these properties are used for handling the messaging
processing and routing within the ESB and copying them about may lead to
strange things.

However, your use case does seem to be a valid one.  Could you check if
the information isn't already available in one of the NormalizedMessage
headers?  If it isn't, please raise a JIRA to have it added there.

Gert