Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Christian Stümpel <st...@logosoft.de> on 2000/09/13 09:23:48 UTC

Difficulties adding Mac-specific features

I'd like to make Ant Mac-savvy, mainly to correctly deal with resource forks.

In a first step, I'd tried to handle file copying correctly. I looked
into the corresponding taskdefs, but found that there's a convenience
routine in class Project, which seems to be used for this purpose.

I don't like to modify Project, because it would add dependency on
Mac-specific system classes. Rather it should be possible to override
platform-specific behavior savely.

Any plans or ideas for this?

  Christian

Re: Difficulties adding Mac-specific features

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 CS> I'd like to make Ant Mac-savvy

I'm even less Mac-savvy than Ant, so please bear with me.

 CS> I don't like to modify Project, because it would add dependency
 CS> on Mac-specific system classes.

Well, Project could delegate this to a helper class - or the
corresponding tasks could. This one could be created depending on the
OS Ant is running on.

 CS> Any plans or ideas for this?

No concrete plans - just let the ideas/source code flow.

Stefan