Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Linda Horn <li...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/22 16:39:15 UTC

Products

Not sure this is the correct email address for my question, but hopefully
someone will be able to help.

Does Apache Open Office have a product that resembles Microsoft Publisher
or Adobe InDesign.

Thank You
Linda Horn
South Central Section 99s

Re: Products

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 10:39:15 -0600
Linda Horn <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure this is the correct email address for my question, but hopefully
> someone will be able to help.
>
> Does Apache Open Office have a product that resembles Microsoft Publisher
> or Adobe InDesign.
>
> Thank You
> Linda Horn
> South Central Section 99s

Strictly, no, but the formatting facilities in OpenOffice Writer allow much standard formatting to be executed. Since changing to OpenOffice some ten years ago I have not needed to use either PageMaker or InDesign for book formatting; I have in that time formatted about twenty full length books, using standard book formatting; I have also formatted several booklets using text and illustrations.

There will, however, be a learning curve.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>