Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/20 11:56:05 UTC

Synd parameter (Was: Re: Keep getting conf error while using the php-implementation)

El lun, 19-05-2008 a las 20:31 +0200, Tommie Podzemski escribió:
> Ah, got it now. Removed &synd=open from the mod-url and it worked fine.
> Can't recall why i was using that in the first place, just forgot to remove
> it.

Note that the use of "synd" as a parameter is deprecated since
SHINDIG-146 was applied. Use "container" instead. Syndicator was
google's terminology for container.

I wonder if we could set a date/release for removal of "synd" as URL
parameter, see
*GadgetContext.* for the code (it has been moved around a bit ;) )

--
Santiago Gala
http://memojo.com/~sgala/blog/

Re: Synd parameter (Was: Re: Keep getting conf error while using the php-implementation)

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:56 AM, Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> El lun, 19-05-2008 a las 20:31 +0200, Tommie Podzemski escribió:
> > Ah, got it now. Removed &synd=open from the mod-url and it worked fine.
> > Can't recall why i was using that in the first place, just forgot to
> remove
> > it.
>
> Note that the use of "synd" as a parameter is deprecated since
> SHINDIG-146 was applied. Use "container" instead. Syndicator was
> google's terminology for container.
>
> I wonder if we could set a date/release for removal of "synd" as URL
> parameter, see
> *GadgetContext.* for the code (it has been moved around a bit ;) )

synd shouldn't be "used" anywhere, but we should let the context continue
parsing it for quite a while. There were several containers that used to
piggyback on igoogle that are still generating urls with this form, and many
of them are already starting to use Shindig.