Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Random Tapestry User <ta...@comcast.net> on 2005/04/07 18:32:46 UTC

Re: UTF-8 and the Form component : Question for Howard inside

Nick,

I've seen problems in the past, mainly with IE5, and some of those
issues are described in detail here.
These were of course without using Tapestry.

http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/charset/form-i18n.html

http://nukecops.com/article1481.html

I guess I just adopted the multipart enctype rather than trying to
diagnose problems if they occured with browsers that aren't up to snuff.

So far I too have experienced no problems with request cycles to and
from my local server, pasting in Japanese, etc. with IE and Firefox.

I'm just a little concerned about older browser's implementations (IE5,
nothing older !) and their interaction with Tapestry and using the
default UTF-8 and the default url encoded form post. Also, I would not
be able to test every possible character with my machine.

If you read this Howard, do you have any insight if there's anything
special that needs to be done to accomodate the FULL unicode set in all
forms, or is that already accounted for in your code ?

I work for a group in a large 3 letter company that is considering
adopting Tapestry, in a worldwide project, and this issue would be a
showstopper as virtually every country and codeset are represented in
the application in question.

Regards,
tappapp