Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Tracey Thomas <tr...@bea.com> on 2005/04/05 22:08:14 UTC

RE: XMLBeans XPath

i agree. i just ran into all this yesterday, and was quite confused when
every single query i tried to run only resulted in the error message
mentioned below.

being new to XPath, i simply read our documentation for how to use it:

http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.0.0/guide/conSelectingXMLwithXQueryPat
hXPath.html

this document makes no mention of saxon, or the fact that you need to
install something else that is not in the distribution jar. from reading
that page, it seems that i should just be able to use XPath without
installing anything else.

aside from the javadoc, i think that it should be clearly documented on
the page mentioned above what you need to do to use XPath.

tracey

  _____