Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2023/06/04 13:26:35 UTC

Re: UIMA-CPP update

Hi,

> On 10. Apr 2023, at 10:32, Pablo Duboue <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Last but not least, I have been working on my fork [8]. I see most
> commits have JIRA issues associated with them. When the time is ready
> I make a pull request from my project? What would you suggest?

I would say best work directly on the official repo instead of working on your own branch. Activity is best visible when performed on the main repo.

We do not use JIRA anymore but have switched to using GitHub issues exclusively.

The uimacpp repo does not seem to have issues enabled atm because it was
scheduled for going out of business. However, you can enable those by setting
the `github/features/issues` key in the `.asf.yaml` file. See here

  https://github.com/apache/uima-uimaj/blob/main/.asf.yaml

As for things like timelines and such - I usually work without those ;)
I do work as work comes in and every once in a while, I do a release.
If you wish to do release planning, I'd say that's completely up to you.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: UIMA-CPP update

Posted by Pablo Duboue <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

I have some great news, but I'll send them in a longer email.

On Sun, Jun 4, 2023 at 9:26 AM Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On 10. Apr 2023, at 10:32, Pablo Duboue <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Last but not least, I have been working on my fork [8]. I see most
> > commits have JIRA issues associated with them. When the time is ready
> > I make a pull request from my project? What would you suggest?
>
> I would say best work directly on the official repo instead of working on
> your own branch. Activity is best visible when performed on the main repo.

Very good point. It turns out I was missing registering with the gitbox and
just got access to the repo.

> We do not use JIRA anymore but have switched to using GitHub issues
> exclusively.

This is great news!

> The uimacpp repo does not seem to have issues enabled atm because it was
> scheduled for going out of business. However, you can enable those by
> setting
> the `github/features/issues` key in the `.asf.yaml` file. See here
>
>   https://github.com/apache/uima-uimaj/blob/main/.asf.yaml

Yes, thanks for that. I have enabled it now.

> As for things like timelines and such - I usually work without those ;)
> I do work as work comes in and every once in a while, I do a release.
> If you wish to do release planning, I'd say that's completely up to you.

Very sane approach.