Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Hiro Protagonist <hi...@googlemail.com> on 2008/11/27 14:51:50 UTC

Testing AJAX webpage with database calls made in backend

Hi all,

I am currently testing an AJAX-enabled site that presents reports and
graphs, after having completed a database query.
The problem I have is this: each of the AJAX portlets generate their own
graphics, and they all have their set of respective database queries
which populate the portlets that then display the data (pie charts
etc.).
UNTIL THAT POINT, a small jpeg (a stopwatch) is displayed, along with
the word 'Searching', and this repeats until the data has been gathered
by the database.
The problem I am facing is that, as far as JMeter is concerned, the
query is complete as soon as the response comes back (the stopwatch and
'Searching...') but that is not necessarily true, since the database is
still working in the background, gathering the data.
What is the best way to correctly time this ? I am looking into the
while loop, to see if it can be done that way.

Thanks for your help,
hiro