Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Richard Lewis-Shell <rl...@mac.com> on 2003/07/06 23:38:08 UTC

Re: Jakarta Newletter -- draft

(what have I missed/over/under-emphasized?)

May saw Tapestry accepted as a full-fledged Jakarta project [1] - the
incubator is behind us!  Since then Tapestry has continued to thrive, making
solid progress towards the first release under the Jakarta banner - 3.0.  A
feature complete beta-1, and a quick followup beta-1a, have been released
[2], with beta-2 imminent.  beta-2 will feature a number of bug fixes, and
small enhancements over beta-1a, and Mind Bridge's converted code enhancer
from BCEL to Javassist.  Attention is starting to turn to 3.1 with a
refactoring to Howard Lewis Ship's HiveMind [3] sandbox project on the
cards.

In related news, Geoff Longman has has released an early version of Spindle
[4] (the Eclipse IDE plugin for Tapestry) for Tapestry 3 looking quite
unlike previous versions of Spindle, but showing great potential.

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news.html#20030526.1
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news.html#20030602.1
[3] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/hivemind/
[4] http://spindle.sourceforge.net/

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Hi Richard,

I'd put your article to the Apachewiki, of course Geoff's opinion taken
into consideration.

Thanks for you all, Howard, Richard and Geoff.

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:38:08 +1200
(Subject: Re: Jakarta Newletter -- draft)
"Richard Lewis-Shell" <rl...@mac.com> wrote:

> (what have I missed/over/under-emphasized?)
>
> May saw Tapestry accepted as a full-fledged Jakarta project [1] - the
> incubator is behind us!  Since then Tapestry has continued to thrive, making
> solid progress towards the first release under the Jakarta banner - 3.0.  A
> feature complete beta-1, and a quick followup beta-1a, have been released
> [2], with beta-2 imminent.  beta-2 will feature a number of bug fixes, and
> small enhancements over beta-1a, and Mind Bridge's converted code enhancer
> from BCEL to Javassist.  Attention is starting to turn to 3.1 with a
> refactoring to Howard Lewis Ship's HiveMind [3] sandbox project on the
> cards.
>
> In related news, Geoff Longman has has released an early version of Spindle
> [4] (the Eclipse IDE plugin for Tapestry) for Tapestry 3 looking quite
> unlike previous versions of Spindle, but showing great potential.
>
> [1] http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news.html#20030526.1
> [2] http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news.html#20030602.1
> [3] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/hivemind/
> [4] http://spindle.sourceforge.net/

E-mail: kitahata@bb.mbn.or.jp : tetsuya@apache.org
http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Apache Jakarta Translation, Japanese)
http://jakarta.terra-intl.com/

Re: Jakarta Newletter -- draft

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
I dunno if you can put Spindle news in with Jakarta stuff.

Besides, 'released' is too strong a term. 'Made available' would be
better.

Geoff