Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kellan <ke...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/16 19:19:26 UTC

Persistent Data Only Available after Repeatedly Restarting Pod in k8s

I'm running Ignite 2.7.6 on Kubernetes and have noticed that my persistent
data often isn't available to me after restarting my Ignite pod. Sometimes
I'll have to restart the pod 1 or more times before I can access any of my
data.

What could be causing this?

Re: Persistent Data Only Available after Repeatedly Restarting Pod in k8s

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you share logs from several runs?

Evgenii

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Aren't you using any ephemeral storage for your Ignite pods? If you've
assigned any type of volume that doesn't guarantee to keep data among
restarts then it might be the root cause.

Check these instructions for reference:
https://www.gridgain.com/docs/latest/installation-guide/kubernetes/amazon-eks-deployment

-
Denis