Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Vinayak Borkar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/11 08:50:45 UTC

Planning Helix Release 0.6.2

Hi Guys,

I would like to start the ball rolling on release 0.6.2 of helix by
starting the discussion of possible features we should aim for.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HELIX-95 tracks the wishlist of
features/improvements for release 0.6.2.

One of the primary changes in this release will be to clean up the Helix
APIs that applications use. To this end, I would like to separate out
all interfaces/classes that are user-facing into a new Maven project
called helix-api.

Please reply to this mail with any other things that you think we should
include in this release.

Thanks,
Vinayak

Re: Planning Helix Release 0.6.2

Posted by Santiago Perez <sa...@santip.com.ar>.
+1 for separate helix-api package, I think it will be very useful to keep
the apis decoupled from implementation.

all the recipes and examples should strive to rely exclusively on apis from
this package, and we could use the examples to identify the apis that
should be exposed and to identify the pain points and issues with current
apis

Posted by Vinayak Borkar <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kishore,

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.