Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Helmut Denk <he...@gmx.de> on 2005/03/02 18:47:31 UTC

panelgrid-layout-problem

hi,

i'm a little bit trapped in the panelgrid-
layout-problem. because i can not and do not
use jsp, i have to build my form-layout
programmatically. but how can i get a proper
layout with a colspan ?

i think one thing, that could be very helpful
for me, would be a specialized PanelGrid that can be
build by a PanelGridBuilder parameterized
by a layout.

similar to what the forms-libary by karsten
letzsch (www.jgoodies.com) does for swing-panels.
but simpler, cut back to the possibilities of a

here an example:

FormLayout layout = new FormLayout(...);

DefaultFormBuilder builder = new DefaultFormBuilder(layout);
builder.setDefaultDialogBorder();
builder.appendSeparator(“Segment”);
builder.append(“Identifier”, idField, 2); //spans 2 main-columns
builder.nextLine();
builder.append(“PTI [kW]”, ptiField);
builder.append(“Power [kW]”, powerField);
builder.append(“len [mm]”, lenField);
builder.nextLine();
builder.appendSeparator(“Diameters”);
builder.append(“da [mm]”, daField);
builder.append(“di [mm]”, diField);
builder.append(“da2 [mm]”, da2Field);

ExtendedPanelGrid panelGrid = builder.getPanelGrid();

how about that kind of thing ? any other
sugestions ?

regards fanny