Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Erik Forsberg <fo...@opera.com> on 2016/02/15 11:06:49 UTC

Mirrormaker and long-haul/bad network links?

Hi!

I'm investigating Kafka for transferring data between multiple
geographical locations, and some of them are quite far away and on bad
network links. For example, data might originate somewhere in the less
connected parts of Asia and should be mirrored to a Kafka cluster in Europe.

How will mirrormaker cope with the above scenario? From experience, I
know that TCP connections often get stuck, especially if you try to
transfer a lot of data on them. Does anyone have experience from tuning
mirrormaker to work well for this case?

Thanks,
\EF