Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Manikandan Sukumar <Ma...@infosys.com> on 2009/04/16 11:26:28 UTC

Performance testing of excel reports generated from Essbase

Is it possible to performance test the generation of excel reports from an Essbase application using JMeter?

Thanks
Manikandan

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Performance testing of excel reports generated from Essbase

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17/04/2009, Manikandan Sukumar <Ma...@infosys.com> wrote:
> Thanks Sebb
>  The front end as such is Excel.
>  There are no specific GUI here. We just need to make some selection in the Excel form and then based on the selections, the report is generated.

Excel was a GUI app the last time I used it ...

So are you wanting to test the performance of Excel+Essbase, or just Essbase?

>  We are not sure of the protocol as of now. It worked with Winsock protocol in Loadrunner.
>  Will it be possible to test it?

Possibly, depending on the protocol.

JMeter supports some of same protocols as LoadRunner, but not all of
them (but then AFAIK LoadRunner does not support all the protocols
that JMeter supports).

JMeter does not support any Terminal Emulators or GUIs.

>  If you need the protocol, I will get back with that information as soon as I get it.
>  Thanks
>
> Manikandan

<snip useless disclaimer/>

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16/04/2009, Manikandan Sukumar <Ma...@infosys.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to performance test the generation of excel reports from an Essbase application using JMeter?

What APIs does it support? How are you accessing it currently?

JMeter supports various protocols such as HTTP(S), JDBC, JMS, FTP,
etc., and you can write your own sampler, but does not support testing
GUI applications directly.

>  Thanks
>  Manikandan

<snip useless disclaimer/>