Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/11 15:10:57 UTC

how archiva handles artifacts duplication

Hello list,

I have setup archiva successfully with internal as central proxy. If I
were to deploy a artifact in my internal repo, and later it became
available from central with the same name+version, what will happen?

Also, I haven't try it yet, but can I deploy an artifact with the same
name+version as one exists in central?

Re: how archiva handles artifacts duplication

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 6:10 AM, Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have setup archiva successfully with internal as central proxy. If I
> were to deploy a artifact in my internal repo, and later it became
> available from central with the same name+version, what will happen?

By default, nothing.  If you request a jar, and Archiva already has it
in its managed repo, it won't go look for it in the proxied
repositories.  You can configure the proxy connector to behave
differently, if you want.

> Also, I haven't try it yet, but can I deploy an artifact with the same
> name+version as one exists in central?

Sure.  (How would it know?)

--
Wendy