Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2004/11/25 08:18:40 UTC

committers page

I was going to add myself to
http://cocoon.apache.org/community/members.html.  However I ran into the
sentence,  "This list contains all committers of all times of the
various Cocoon projects in strict alphabetical order." and am
confused.   Does this mean the list contains all past and present
committers?

Ralph

Re: committers page

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>>
>> Well, yes. Leszek Gawron and myself.  This was expected since we were
>> both added in the last month.
>> That wording should be changed to " This list contains all past and
>> present committers on the various Cocoon projects in strict
>> alphabetical order."

Oh, change it please.

>> Also, there is a second list at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/who.html
>> that shows committers and their status. Leszek and I need to be added
>> to that page as well.  Are all the folks who are listed as Active
>> committers, in fact, still active?  There are some names there I don't
>> recognize.
>
> This is your first job as committers - to add yourself.
> It also makes sure that your commit privledges are sorted
> and gets you added via moderation to the allow list
> for cvs@c.a.o list.
>
> Add to src/documentation/xdocs/who.xml in the trunk and branch
> and to src/documentation/content/xdocs/ in the cocoon-site repo.
 >
> Also this gets you closer to understanding that the ASF is a
> self-help organisation.

You don't need to generate the html at this stage, can
just commit the xml source. It can wait until someone
generates the website later.

If you want it out there sooner (perhaps to practice
the publishing process) then follow the Wiki page
CocoonWebsiteUpdate.

--David

Re: committers page

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: committers page

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: committers page

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Ralph Goers a écrit :
>
>> ...Does this mean the list contains all past and present committers?
>

> AFAIK yes, did you spot people missing from the list?
>
> -Bertrand

There is another page at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/who.html

Go ahead, add yourself to both.

--David