Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Eliot Kimber <ek...@contrext.com> on 2018/07/20 09:32:50 UTC

General Mechanism in WXPF Code for Managing CT IDs?

For footnotes I need to set a unique ID on each newly-created getCTFtnEdn. In my personal code I was maintaining my own global ID counter that I used to set IDs on things.

However, I'm not finding a similar mechanism in the POI code--is there one or is there a reliable technique for constructing new IDs, e.g., based on the size of lists of things? I'm pretty sure footnote IDs only need to be unique across the footnotes but I'm not 100% sure on the general semantics of IDs in OOXML.

Searching for "setId" I'm not finding any hits outside the test cases, so either this is something the current API just doesn't need to do (because it doesn’t automatically create objects that require IDs) or I'm missing where ID setting happens.

Thanks,

Eliot
--
Eliot Kimber
http://contrext.com

RE: General Mechanism in WXPF Code for Managing CT IDs?

Posted by "Murphy, Mark" <mu...@metalexmfg.com>.
In fact, I think it would be good to change the TableCell behavior before 4.0.0 goes live as that is a breaking change.

Posted by "Murphy, Mark" <mu...@metalexmfg.com>.

			}

Posted by Eliot Kimber <ek...@contrext.com>.

Posted by Eliot Kimber <ek...@contrext.com>.
That was basically my plan as far as I had thought it through--an end note class is probably functionally identical to existing footnote--it's really only the containing part that's different as far as I can tell from my initial (brief) reading of the OOXML spec.

Cheers,

E.

--
Eliot Kimber
http://contrext.com

On 7/21/18, 12:16 PM, "Mark Murphy" <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Since footnotes and endnotes have essentially the same functionality, it
    might be good to create a single abstract class that handles the common
    bits. Then it should be trivial to extend the process for endnotes.

Posted by Mark Murphy <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eliot Kimber <ek...@contrext.com>.

Posted by Eliot Kimber <ek...@contrext.com>.

Posted by Mark Murphy <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eliot Kimber <ek...@contrext.com>.

Posted by Mark Murphy <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com>.
We don't seem to have set ids explicitly normally