Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Durham <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/10 22:39:16 UTC

running axis server standalone

So I'm doing something unusual, I have a spring namespace handler so
that I end up with a spring config like this:

<bead id="myService" class="...">
    <webservice:endpoint/>
</bean>

Where <webservice:endpoint/> is my magic where I end up with requests
routed to a Handler.  Now, my handler logic looks basically like this:

if (requestURL.endsWith(".wsdl") {

    // serve up the wsdl

} else {

   // actually do the service call via soap

}

The first part works.  I'm having trouble with the second part,
actually handling the service call.  My first instinct was just to try
to extend AxisServlet and provide my own AxisConfigurator, and
override some of the protected methods, createMessageContext(..) for
instance.  But this is not going very well.  Can anyone point me to or
provide me with some info about how to get this done?  I have a
reference to the spring "bean" that will actually be invoked -- the
one that would be returned by SpringServletContextObjectSupplier if I
were going that route.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: running axis server standalone

Posted by David Durham <da...@gmail.com>.
>> [1] - http://axis2m.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/axis2m/trunk/axis2m/
>> [2] - http://axis2m.sourceforge.net/axis2m-spring.html
>
> You guys should add junit to your pom as a dependency with scope "test".

Please disregard this.  It actually applies to the other project
mentioned in this thread.

Re: running axis server standalone

Posted by David Durham <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

As mentioned  wsf/spring provides clear idea about how to configure/
initialize Axis2 using Spring ApplicationContext.  If you intent to use
spring namespace handlers within the ApplicationContext  take a look at
[1][2] , this is not yet released but you can refer the source codes.

[1] - http://axis2m.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/axis2m/trunk/axis2m/
[2] - http://axis2m.sourceforge.net/axis2m-spring.html

Thanks,

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Amila Suriarachchi <
amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:27 AM, David Durham <da...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 3:56 PM, David Durham <da...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I should also add that I do not intend to have an axis2.xml file
>> > anywhere.  I want to have complete control over the initialization of
>> > my axis environment programatically.    These seems to be more
>> > difficult than it should be.
>>

> please have a look at here[1]. I think wsf/spring try to do the same thing
> you need.
>
> thanks,
> Amila.
>
> [1] http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/spring
>

>> Grr..  *this* seems to be more difficult than it should be.

> Amila Suriarachchi
> WSO2 Inc.

Sagara Gunathunga

Blog - http://ssagara.blogspot.com