Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2008/07/08 20:18:51 UTC

Getting a config.xml via HTTP

Hi,

I imagine this is simple, but for a given job name how do I retrieve
the config.xml? I made a simple replicator and started with grabbing
config.xml files from the file system and now I want to do it
remotely. I can't get the sample client to do anything, and I can't
figure out if XPath is needed, or various parameters.

I basically want to grab a set of jobs from a canonical machine and
replicate them to nodes. This is for testing Maven itself actually.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: Getting a config.xml via HTTP

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Yup, wrong list.

On 8-Jul-08, at 2:21 PM, Stephen Connolly wrote:

> Jason, did you send to the wrong list by mistake? he asked thinking
> this smells like a Hudson question
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On 8 Jul 2008, at 19:18, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I imagine this is simple, but for a given job name how do I
>> retrieve the config.xml? I made a simple replicator and started
>> with grabbing config.xml files from the file system and now I want
>> to do it remotely. I can't get the sample client to do anything,
>> and I can't figure out if XPath is needed, or various parameters.
>>
>> I basically want to grab a set of jobs from a canonical machine and
>> replicate them to nodes. This is for testing Maven itself actually.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> jason at sonatype dot com

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

  -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition

Re: Getting a config.xml via HTTP

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.