Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/11 21:11:22 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 4.0-beta-4

The fourth beta release of Tapestry 4.0 is now available. Tapestry is
a component based web application framework that provides lots of
functionality with minimal Java coding, and creates an environment
that supports high levels of reuse. This is another a bug fix release,
building on the beta-3 release. Key areas covered are fixes for minor
client-side validation problems, fixes for several bytecode
enhancement issues (including one that prevents transient page
properties from being cleared), and adding of many different
localizations of the messages used for form input vield validation. In
addition, the default binding concept was removed from Tapestry 4.0. A
full listing of bugs fixes is available in the change log
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/changes.html)

Tapestry is distributed as a combined binary/source distribution, and
a seperate documentation distribution.

Download Tapestry from
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_tapestry.cgi

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 4.0-beta-4

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
On Aug 12, 2005, at 11:59 AM, Adam Greene wrote:

> You indicated that you removed the default-binding from
> parameters?  why? Was there a problem with it or a better way of
> doing it?  I kind of liked that feature, made things a lot easier.

Take a look in the dev list archives.  There was quite a bit of
discussion over the matter.

--
Kevin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 4.0-beta-4

Posted by Adam Greene <ag...@iq-2000.com>.

Posted by Ivano <i....@mclink.it>.
Hello,
I guess this is for the dev team to reply.
Since Tap 3.0.3 is quietly rolling out of the scenes in favour of 4.0,
I'm worring that once the new release is out,
tapestry-3 documentation and component support will disappear completely.
I'm talking about sources, libraries, component libraries supporting the
old notation and so on.

This is important for our company which started development with
Tapestry not so long ago, and is still through the process
of training developers to its use..
We would like to stick with 3.0 until 4.0 is well enstablished:
are we to make copies of currently v.3 compatible libraries, docs and
other features?

Thank you
Ivano Pagano

Posted by Paul Cantrell <ca...@pobox.com>.
Apparently (2) was the result of Tomcat holding on to some of the
tapestry XML files from 4.0b3 somehow. I fixed the problem by
stopping Tomcat, deleting the following:

     work/Catalina/localhost/mywebapp
     webapps/mywebapp
     webapps/mywebapp.war

...and restarting Tomcat.

So only simpler question (1) stands.

Sorry for clogging the mailing list, but I thought others might be
interested if they have the same problem. Tomcat is a finicky beast.

Cheers,

Paul

Posted by Paul Cantrell <ca...@pobox.com>.
Cool!

Two questions:

(1) What is vlibbeans-4.0-beta-4.jar? Is it a required jar?

(2) It looks like the implementation and configuration of custom
SqueezeAdaptors has changed. I took a wild stab at the hivemodule.xml:

     <module id="net.innig.imre" version="0.0.1">
         <contribution configuration-id="tapestry.data.SqueezeAdaptors">
           <adaptor
object="instance:net.innig.core.web.tapestry.DomainObjectSqueezeAdaptor"
/>