Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/20 03:38:28 UTC

[Nightly Build] New Finder Component

Henri added the new "finder" component in the sandbox to the nightly
build but its failing with the message "finder checkout is missing."

>From the nightly build script looks like we currently need to manually
checkout a new component - since the script just does an "svn up" on
individual components.

Maybe it would be better to checkout "trunks-sandbox" and
"trunks-proper" - then doing a "svn up" on those would automatically
pull in new components?

Niall

Re: [Nightly Build] New Finder Component

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 7/19/06, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Henri added the new "finder" component in the sandbox to the nightly
> build but its failing with the message "finder checkout is missing."
>
> From the nightly build script looks like we currently need to manually
> checkout a new component - since the script just does an "svn up" on
> individual components.
>
> Maybe it would be better to checkout "trunks-sandbox" and
> "trunks-proper" - then doing a "svn up" on those would automatically
> pull in new components?

Good idea.  In fact, that it how the checkout is set up.  We could
replace the individual "svn ups" with one at sandbox_root and one for
proper_root.  Alternatively, the if test that checks for existence of
the component checkout could try to check it out if missing.  That
would be a little more net friendly, though I doubt much that is not
being built nightly is changing often.

I will try to do one of these things tonight.  Anyone else is of
course welcome to patch the script in svn.  Sorry I missed that use
case.

Phil