Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by fdbt dbt <f_...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/02 11:59:36 UTC

tabular text reports with width specified by number of characters

Hi,

I'm trying to create text report containing tabular
data using FOP.
Is it possible to specify the width of table column in
terms of number of characters rather than 'mm'?

e.g. <fo:table-column column-width="100mm"/>
to be replaced by
<fo:table-column column-width="10 char"/> of that sort

Regards,
fd.

Re: tabular text reports with width specified by number of characters

Posted by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au>.
If you use a non proportional font the width of the characters is fixed
and depends on the font size only. For example if you use a non
its font sizes you can use something like "10*0.8em" as a column-width
specification.

If you use a proportional font you can only approximate the actual width
of n characters by making an assumption on the average width of the
characters used.

Manuel