Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by cbeams <cb...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/15 22:39:53 UTC

Explanation of notation in the spec draft?

I'm a bit confused by the notation in the spec draft.  The section
headings are quite clear, e.g.:

	"12.6.7  JDO Instance life cycle management"

But, within that same section, what does "A12.5.7-6A [...]" actually
mean?  And why is something labeled "12.5.7" within the 12.6.7
section?  Is this intended as a concise way to reference other parts
of the spec?  I'm sure this is all quite logical, I just haven't had
a proper introduction to it.  I'm sure others will find this
information valuable, too.

Thanks,

- Chris Beams

Re: Explanation of notation in the spec draft?

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
The section numbers have changed as material is added, but we haven't
changed the assertion numbers.

-- Michelle

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@jpox.org>.

--