Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by takpoli <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/26 03:19:25 UTC

re: embedded xindice

I am new to cocoon.  Could someone point me to the documentation of:

1. How to enable the embedded xindice?
2. How to access it from xslt?

Re: embedded xindice

Posted by Tak-po Li <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Vadim for your help.  The link you provided has a lot good examples
that I could try.  There are lots for me to pick up for Cocoon.

I use SVG in the client side for user to enter data into the application.
SVG Data will be transferred (using Ajex or Json?) to the server and stored
into the XML database (Xindice?).  The SVG data in the server can also be
transferred back to the client side for user resuming his work.  Cocoon is a
"publish" system.  I wonder whether it is good for this kinds of interactive
applications.  Does anyone has similar experience that can be shared?  Could
anyone point me to some examples that how the client data can be stored into
the XML database in Cocoon?

Thanks,

Tak

Re: embedded xindice

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.

Re: embedded xindice

Posted by Tak-po Li <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vadim,

Re: embedded xindice

Posted by warrell harries <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Woops, my apologies, Vadim. Is this the code in Cocoon?

I was referring to the 2.1x distribution - I guess it hasn't made it to 2.2
yet

Re: embedded xindice

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.

Re: embedded xindice

Posted by Tak-po Li <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Warrell.  I followed your link, and got:
HTTP ERROR: 404

No block for /samples/blocks/xmldb/welcome

RequestURI=/samples/blocks/xmldb/welcome

*Powered by Jetty:// <http://jetty.mortbay.org/>*
It seems I got the wrong distribution.  What I am playing with is the
"getting-started tutorial" using Maven 2.  However, after I downloaded the
cocoon-2.2.0.zip, I could not find the installation instructions.  Could we
install the full distribution using Maven 2?  Where could I obtain this
basic information?

Thanks again for your help,

Tak

Re: embedded xindice