Posted to dev@htrace.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/15 06:41:30 UTC

Making Website Update Part of Release Process

Hi Folks,
Excellent work on getting recent 4.0.0-incubating release out the door.
I wonder if there is documentation available for a release manager? If so
does it currently contain advice on how to update the HTrace website with
the info for the release?
Right now I don't even see the HTrace artifacts available
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/htrace/
I am assuming they are not available for public consumption yet.
Is this the case?
Thanks
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Making Website Update Part of Release Process

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:14 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> They are up now looking at latest mirror:
> http://mirrors.gigenet.com/apache/incubator/htrace/
>
> Doc on how to release is coming.

A start on RM doc can be found here:
http://htrace.incubator.apache.org/building.html

> On how to update the website, currently best doc is in HTRACE-19. I can
> update in morning unless you beat me to it.

Here is how to update website:
http://htrace.incubator.apache.org/building.html#Publishing_htraceincubatorapacheorg_website

St.Ack

Posted by "Colin P. McCabe" <cm...@apache.org>.
Thanks, stack!  That's awesome, will be great for remembering the
steps in making a release.

Colin

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.