Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ben Anderson <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/03 16:54:09 UTC

Re: cocoon on websphere 5

Thanks for the tips.
I figured I'd try deploying first w/out changing any of the settings.
Everything seems to be working fine, except the db connection.  This
doesn't have anything to do with the classloader setting that were
mentioned, would it?
Thanks,
Ben

Re: cocoon on websphere 5

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi all,

I am using Flowscript in combination with a pooled database connection. In my case I maintain a
reference to a Java object containing this connection as a global Flowscript variable. Note that
these variables are stored in the cache between calls (to save memory), but this requires all of
these object to be Searializable (or something). I curcomvented this problem by switching of writing
cache to disk, but simply keeping it into memory. That should be a simple configuration in web.xml
or cocoon.xconf.

HTH,
Geert

Tony Edwards wrote:

> Hi Ben,
> We found that running it without changing any of the settings would kill
> the flowscript applications.
> We use a simple, non-scalable db connection object with our application
> so I'm not sure of the implications of using  'proper' database
> connectivity.
>
> Tony
>
> Ben Anderson wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the tips.
>> I figured I'd try deploying first w/out changing any of the settings.
>> Everything seems to be working fine, except the db connection.  This
>> doesn't have anything to do with the classloader setting that were
>> mentioned, would it?
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>
>> On 5/19/05, Tony Edwards <te...@civica.com.au> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Ben,
>>> I got one of the tech heads here at work to get it running under WSAS 5.
>>> There are a few things to consider:
>>> Under the Enterprise Application's Configuration tab, make sure you set
>>> Classloader Mode to 'Parent First'.
>>> Under the Local Topology tab, select the cocoon.war item and make sure
>>> that the Classloader Mode is set to 'Parent Last'.
>>> Seems a bit contradictory and the second step may be redundant but this
>>> is how we've got it running here.
>>> Last thing to do is make a commons-logging.properties file in your
>>> WEB-INF/Classes folder and stick this in it:
>>> org.apache.commons.logging.Logfactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl
>>>

>>> I don't know what this all means and it seems a darn sight more
>>> complicated than setting it up on Tomcat but once its going, its fine.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tony

=====================================
NB: het Daidalos kantoor is sinds 22 april
jl. gevestigd op een nieuw adres:

Daidalos BV
Hoekeindsehof 1 - 4
2665 JZ Bleiswijk
tel: +31 (0)10 850 12 00
fax: +31 (0)10 850 11 99

Bovenstaand adres is tevens het postadres.
Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV

http://www.daidalos.nl/

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50