Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sam Hamilton <sa...@virtualvillage.com> on 2009/04/30 11:01:51 UTC

How to limit search?

Hi list,

We have multiple websites running from one OFBiz install, each website uses as different catalog (12 in total but I don't think that is too important a factor) to separate their products but we are seeing that the search function is searching all catalogs and displaying the results to all websites.

Let me explain this in a more practical way:
US website blocks 220 voltage widgets as it wont work in the US
UK website blocks 110 voltage widgets as its wont work in the UK
But then a customer searches for widgets on the US or UK website the results returned are both 110v and 220v.

How / Where can I change the search so that it only searches for products active in the websites catalog?

Thanks
Sam

Re: How to limit search?

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@virtualvillage.com>.
Thanks Jacques - most helpful!

On 02/05/2009 01:10, "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:

And all this was already explained in details by David a long time ago and is now here
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizBusinessSetupGuide-catalogSetup

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: How to limit search?