Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by vispatel85 <vi...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/14 03:01:26 UTC

Can't Publish

I can't publish a Dynamic Web Project on Geronimo, I'm getting the following
error in the console:
19:59:29,031 ERROR [RepositoryConfigurationStore]
E:\g\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3\repository\default\springapp\1.0\springapp-1.0.car
is not an empty directory

I've tried deleting the springapp folder and republishing but it's not
working.

I've attached the stacktrace, any ideas?

Thanks.

STACKTRACE:

Distribution of module failed.  See log for details.
  org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationAlreadyExistsException:
Configuration already exists: default/springapp/1.0/car
  org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationAlreadyExistsException:
Configuration already exists: default/springapp/1.0/car
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:521)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:342)
  	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor124.invoke(Unknown Source)
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.java:172)
  	at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(Unknown
Source)
  	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(Unknown Source)
  	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(Unknown
Source)
  	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$200(Unknown
Source)
  	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(Unknown
Source)
  	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(Unknown
Source)
  	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
  	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor112.invoke(Unknown Source)
  	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
  	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
  	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
  	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)
  	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown
Source)
  	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown
Source)
  	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
  	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationAlreadyExistsException:
Configuration already exists: default/springapp/1.0/car
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.RepositoryConfigurationStore.createNewConfigurationDir(RepositoryConfigurationStore.java:194)
  	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:519)
  	... 40 more

[ANN] VTD-XML 2.5

Posted by cr...@comcast.net.
VTD-XML 2.5 is now released. Please go to https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=110612&package_id=120172&release_id=661376  to download the latest version.

Changes from Version 2.4 (2/2009)

* Added separate VTD indexing generating and loading (see http://vtd-xml.sf.net/persistence.html for further info)
* Integrated extended VTD supporting 256 GB doc (In Java only).
* Added duplicateNav() for replicate multiple VTDNav instances sharing XML, VTD and LC buffer (availabe in Java and C#).
* Various bug fixes and enhancements

Re: Can't Publish

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
see this archive ->
https://mail.google.com/mail/?hl=en&zx=9s8ebr8cmyvk&shva=1#search/headache+forrest/11ec0f96507a2dda

You can have a 2.1.4-snapshot build(
http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/server/binaries/2.1/) to see it is
still a problem in your machine.

Re: Can't Publish

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Feb 13, 2009, at 6:01 PM, vispatel85 wrote:

> I can't publish a Dynamic Web Project on Geronimo, I'm getting the
> following
> error in the console:
> 19:59:29,031 ERROR [RepositoryConfigurationStore]
> E:\g\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3\repository\default\springapp
> \1.0\springapp-1.0.car
> is not an empty directory
>

> I've tried deleting the springapp folder and republishing but it's not
> working.
>
> I've attached the stacktrace, any ideas?

Usually this error occurs because you have already deployed the app
once and are trying to deploy it again rather than redeploy it or
because something went wrong on an undeploy or failed deployment and
geronimo couldn't delete all the files from the previous deployment.

I usually just start over with a fresh copy of geronimo to assure that
I really know what is installed, but you can also manually delete the
directory mentioned.  Since you appear to be on windows there may be
file locks preventing deletion so you may have to turn off geronimo
first.

If you have a reproducible way to get this problem (assuming you
aren't trying to deploy the same app twice) that you can share we'd
like to see it so we can try to fix the deletion code.

thanks
david jencks