Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Benoit Lefevre <be...@effix.fr> on 2001/08/13 11:31:23 UTC

Xerces into Xalan ...

Hello

     I'm having a problem related to Xalan. Recently i've start to develop
     an application using Xerces V1.4.
     During this developement the 1.5 version of Xerces have been realist,
     so i have download it and have link my application with it without noticable
     variations.

     Now i have to introduce XSL processing into my application.
     The Xerces version supply with Xalan is the 1.4.

     Here is my problem :

          - When i try to link my application with Xalan AND Xerces 1.5 librarys
          i have class collision. It occure between the declarations, on the one
          hand, of the QName class available in Xerces 1.5 and on the other
          hand with the QName class availlable with Xalan. If there where a
          way to manage this problem it would be great.

          - Since i couldn't achieve the compilation process i tryed to use only
          my old version of Xerces (1.4) with the Xalan distribution.
          Unfortunatly new errors have been found by the compiler on some
          old part of my code (but i can't remember if i was using it before or after
          changing of Xerces version).

          Here is a sample of the code which work with Xerces 1.5 but not with
          the couple Xalan distribution / Xerces 1.4 :

          > DOM_Element elem = (DOM_Element &) a_DOM_Node.getParentNode();

          It come allong with the visual C++ compiler error code c4239.
          In fact c4239 code is used to reference a warning, not an error.
          I've found a pragma into Xalan that turn this kind of warning into errors !!.

     And here are my questions :

     - First of all, am i posting my question into the right mail box ?

     - Second : is there a way to use Xalan with Xerces 1.5 (by geting
     ride of Xerces QName definition for exemple) ?

     - Third : am i doing programation error by casting a DOM_Node into a
     DOM_Element like i do (i've seen this in a Xerces sample codes)
     or is it just due to the Xalan's pragma compiler command ?

     - Fourth : could this kind of problem come from somthing else than the
     pragma or the programing mistack ?

     Thank you for the attention you'll give to my problem and excuse
     me or my poor english level.

Regards.

benoit lefevre.

RE: Xerces into Xalan ...

Posted by Peter Murphy <pe...@fast.fujitsu.com.au>.
Benoit,

I have this problem as well. I'm forwarding this to the xalan-dev list: the
QName class is used in their XPath processing.

Regards,
Peter.

RE: Xerces into Xalan ...

Posted by Peter Murphy <pe...@fast.fujitsu.com.au>.