Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/29 19:01:18 UTC

log4j creates several log files

here is my log4j configration

<code>
     <appender name="A2" class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">

    </layout>
  </appender>
 </code>

I am assuming this configration will create    one log file daily with  a
max size of 5Mb and if the log size exceeds it will create another new one.

but in  server I noticed several log files  with the size 3kb , 5kb   etc.
not even a single   log file is of size 5Mb and a log file for every few
minutes, please tell me what is wrong with my configration .

Re: log4j creates several log files

Posted by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com>.
attached is my log4j confiration file.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p30087864/log4j.xml log4j.xml