Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by William Bagby <wi...@adone.com> on 2001/03/22 20:05:11 UTC

Best method for maintaining Site Configuration?

I am trying to maintain a Site Configuration, meaning that I would like to
have a URL of the form:

http://my.domain.com/newyork/entertainment/events.xml

and have the "New York" configuration (copy, images, etc..) be maintained
somehow, while using the "entertainment/events.xml" as a template. I have
explored various methods of doing this, including:

- dynamically generating the XML in the Producer
- putting "newyork" in a Session, and write XSP taglibs to get the config
based on the value in the session
- write XSP taglibs that parse the URI and get the config based on that

but so far none of these methods strike me as the "correct" way of doing it,
or they exhibit odd behavior.  I am assuming that this is a common
situation, and I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good solution
for it.

I hope I am being clear in what I am asking, if not, please ask and I will
try to clarify as much as possible.

Oh, I'm using Cocoon 1.8.2, Weblogic 5.1.0, Solaris 2.6.  Yes, I've heard
all about C2 and it's site map and other cool features, but a) I can't use
Alpha code on a Production site, and b) I can't seem to get the darn thing
working.

Thanks,

William Bagby.