Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de> on 2006/03/04 17:20:56 UTC

patchfile not re-applied during build

hi *!

i have a custom module that contains a usecase-edit.xconf patchfile.
the module is located in a local modules path that has been specified
with ./configure.sh.

when i make changes to my module, i re-deploy it by killing lenya, doing
a ./build.sh --noconfig and restarting lenya. all changes are there,
except for the patchfile (i checked WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf, it's still the
old version).

what can i do (short of deleting the build tree) do get my patchfiles
re-applied?

best,

jörn

for the record, here's my usecase-edit.xconf:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--

    |  Lenya Usecase XPatch

    -->

<xconf xmlns:rng="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
        xmlns:r2c="http://politik.uni-duisburg-essen.de/ns/rng2cforms"
        xpath="/cocoon/usecases"
        unless="/cocoon/usecases/component-instance[@name =
'edit.contacts']">
    <component-instance name="edit.contacts" logger="lenya.site"

class="org.apache.lenya.cms.usecase.DummyCFormsUsecase">
       <view template="modules/contacts/usecases/contacts-template.xml"
type="cforms">
          <intro/>
          <definition
template="modules/contacts/usecases/contacts-model.xml">
         form.setAttribute("counter-ID_contacts-1", new
java.lang.Integer(0));

         form.setAttribute("counter-ID_contacts-2", new
java.lang.Integer(0));
	</definition>
          <binding
template="modules/contacts/usecases/contacts-binding.xml">
					generic.doc = loadDocument(generic.proxy.getParameter('sourceUri'));
					form.load(generic.doc);
				</binding>
          <outro>
					form.save(generic.doc);
					var flowHelper =
cocoon.getComponent("org.apache.lenya.cms.cocoon.flow.FlowHelper");
					flowHelper.triggerWorkflow(cocoon, 'edit');
					saveDocument(generic.doc, generic.proxy.getParameter('sourceUri'));
				</outro>
       </view>
    </component-instance>
</xconf>

--
"Open source takes the bullshit out of software."
	- Charles Ferguson on TechnologyReview.com

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft

Re: patchfile not re-applied during build

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>>
>>> hi *!
>>>

>>> i have a custom module that contains a usecase-edit.xconf patchfile.
>>> the module is located in a local modules path that has been
>>> specified with ./configure.sh.
>>>
>>> when i make changes to my module, i re-deploy it by killing lenya,
>>> doing a ./build.sh --noconfig and restarting lenya. all changes are
>>> there, except for the patchfile (i checked WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf,
>>> it's still the old version).
>>>
>>> what can i do (short of deleting the build tree) do get my
>>> patchfiles re-applied?
>>

>> Did you link the module directly (e.g. src/modules/my-module) or just
>> the parent path (e.g. src/modules).
>>
>> The first doesn't work properly yet and still seems to have a bug.
>

> hmm, not sure if i understand you...
> i have given the config script "...:/build/localmodules" in addition
> to the

you mean

modules.root.dirs=src/modules:src/pubs/default/modules:/build/localmodules

?

maybe this has also a bug (whereas it shouldn't)

> default settings, and my module is /build/localmodules/person.

but

modules.root.dirs=src/modules:src/pubs/default/modules:/build/localmodules/person

does definitely have bugs :-( whereas I recently fixed one, but it will
only help you if you add a module.xml as description to you module

> anyway, the workaround i'm using atm is to delete
> WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf, which forces all patchfiles to be re-applied.
> that works for me.

maybe you want to file a bug within bugzilla

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: patchfile not re-applied during build

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>
>> hi *!
>>

>> i have a custom module that contains a usecase-edit.xconf patchfile.
>> the module is located in a local modules path that has been specified
>> with ./configure.sh.
>>
>> when i make changes to my module, i re-deploy it by killing lenya,
>> doing a ./build.sh --noconfig and restarting lenya. all changes are
>> there, except for the patchfile (i checked WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf, it's
>> still the old version).
>>
>> what can i do (short of deleting the build tree) do get my patchfiles
>> re-applied?
>

> Did you link the module directly (e.g. src/modules/my-module) or just
> the parent path (e.g. src/modules).
>
> The first doesn't work properly yet and still seems to have a bug.

hmm, not sure if i understand you...
i have given the config script "...:/build/localmodules" in addition to
the default settings, and my module is /build/localmodules/person.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> hi *!
>

> i have a custom module that contains a usecase-edit.xconf patchfile.
> the module is located in a local modules path that has been specified
> with ./configure.sh.
>
> when i make changes to my module, i re-deploy it by killing lenya,
> doing a ./build.sh --noconfig and restarting lenya. all changes are
> there, except for the patchfile (i checked WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf, it's
> still the old version).
>
> what can i do (short of deleting the build tree) do get my patchfiles
> re-applied?

Did you link the module directly (e.g. src/modules/my-module) or just
the parent path (e.g. src/modules).

The first doesn't work properly yet and still seems to have a bug.

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner