Posted to users@maven.apache.org by traigo <ky...@mbrostech.com> on 2008/11/24 01:58:33 UTC

Remove old jar version

I have an old jar for iText (1.3) that I need to remove.  It is being used by
jasperreports to convert to PDF.  I need jasperreports to use the newer
2.1.4.  I haven't found a way to remove it from maven.  I have my pom set to
require version 2.1.4.  I tried to add an exclusion, but version is not part
of the exclusion tag.

Thanks,

Traigo

Re: Remove old jar version

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
What does your dependency for 2.1.4 look like?  I don't see it in the
central repo, at least not in the same groupId as 1.3:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/com/lowagie/itext/

If it's in a different groupId, you'll probably want an exclusion for
com.lowagie:itext to get rid of 1.3, and then the dependency on the
"other" itext for 2.1.4.

Maven can only mediate dependencies and choose the "right" version if
the groupId and artifactId match.  Otherwise as far a Maven is
concerned, they are two different things.  I assume that's what is
happening here.

--
Wendy

Re: Remove old jar version