Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Willem.Jiang" <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/12 02:18:57 UTC

Re: Reg selective consumer for a Pub-Sub pattern

Camel has the multicast pattern[1], I think you can use it directly.

more quicker response.

[1]http://camel.apache.org/multicast.html

Willem
----------------------------------
Apache Camel, Apache CXF committer
Open SOA http://www.fusesource.com
Blog http://willemjiang.blogspot.com
Tiwtter http://twitter.com/willemjiang

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM, sudheer m <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

> According to my understanding from Camel Manual, i could understand that
> RecipientList can solve this problem of mine. Please provide a better
> understanding of the RecipientList EIP.

Recipient list is for sending to a dynamic list of receivers.

I suggest you pickup the EIP book and check the patterns in there.
http://camel.apache.org/books.html

Then the AMQ book is great on the JMS topic as well.
http://activemq.apache.org/books

> Please suggest if i am wrong.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Reg selective consumer for a Pub-Sub pattern

Posted by sudheer m <su...@gmail.com>.
JMS Selectors is one of the option that i have worked on already. But please
let me know how i can make use of camel for achieving this so that i can
decouple this selector from my message publisher.

Hope you are able to understand the situation. JMS Selector is something
really out of scope because the selection of consumers and the basis for
selection of consumers is really dynamic.

Re: Reg selective consumer for a Pub-Sub pattern

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 7:40 AM, sudheer m <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

> JMS is exactly what i am trying to use but i have different set of consumers.
> I have activeMQ topic to which i publish all my messages and from then i
> have different sets of consumers where i require the classification.
>
> Much like Selective Consumer EIP. But here i am trying to find out any camel
> filtering mechanism which can implement Selective Consumer EIP.

JMS have JMS selectors as selective consumers.
http://activemq.apache.org/selectors.html

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

And JMS is not something you can use?

You can also check this blog entry
http://spring-java-ee.blogspot.com/2010/01/advanced-event-notification-framework.html

We have a list of links from this page
http://camel.apache.org/articles.html

Which may be inspiring for other topics with Camel.