Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> on 2014/03/18 14:08:08 UTC

Cloudstack documentation

Hi all,

I would like to know where we can get newer version of documentation for
Cloudstack. Look like the documentation site is not updated since 4.2.0. I
know that the documentation system will change, is their any information
about it somewhere?

Also, I would like to contribute as well.

Thanks,

Pierre-Luc Dion
- - -

*CloudOps*420 rue Guy
Montréal QC  H3J 1S6
www.cloudops.com
@CloudOps_

Re: Cloudstack documentation

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 20, 2014, at 8:00 AM, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> wrote:

> Thanks Sebastien for the pull request.
> I will submit a new one to fix a tables and internal reference links later
> this week.

no thank you. Make sure you pull before your next patch, I made more changes this morning.

> I haven't found how we should update internal links. Look like we would
> have to change them for ex:  `networking2.html#create vpn`
> Anyone know another method to create link to topic from another file?

I have not looked on how to do this across files.
But I think you should be able to do an implicite hyperlink target:

http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/quickref.html#internal-hyperlink-targets

Since sphinx combines all files, it should find the section titles etc..nicely.

> Also,
> could we split networking2.rst file into multiple parts?

Have at it, feel free to edit the content (not just formatting). The whole idea of changing format and submission process is to make it easy to edit and improve the quality of the content.

-sebastien

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

--

Pierre-Luc Dion
514-447-3456, 1101

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
Thanks Sebastien,

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
Thanks Wido,

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
On 03/18/2014 02:08 PM, Pierre-Luc Dion wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know where we can get newer version of documentation for
> Cloudstack. Look like the documentation site is not updated since 4.2.0. I
> know that the documentation system will change, is their any information
> about it somewhere?

Yes, it moved to it's own repository:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-docs.git

$ git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack-docs.git