Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Anshum Gupta <an...@apple.com> on 2017/08/30 18:37:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Lucene/Solr 7.0.0 RC2

Please vote for the first release candidate for Apache Lucene/Solr 7.0.0.

Artifacts can be downloaded from:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-7.0.0-RC2-revd3ce558f74b0b4fc082b87a7e60cf43d7010e03c/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-7.0.0-RC2-revd3ce558f74b0b4fc082b87a7e60cf43d7010e03c/>

You can run the smoke tester directly from this command:

  python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-7.0.0-RC2-revd3ce558f74b0b4fc082b87a7e60cf43d7010e03c/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-7.0.0-RC2-revd3ce558f74b0b4fc082b87a7e60cf43d7010e03c/>

Reminder: You would need to run this from branch_7_0.

Here's my +1:

SUCCESS! [0:55:18.587149]

NOTE: I intend to keep the vote open for 5 working days, instead of the standard 3 as this is a major release, and we have a 6.6.1 out for vote in parallel.

-Anshum

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene/Solr 7.0.0 RC2

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [1:56:25.363390]

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:07 AM, Anshum Gupta <an...@apple.com> wrote:
> Please vote for the first release candidate for Apache Lucene/Solr 7.0.0.
>
> Artifacts can be downloaded from:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-7.0.0-RC2-revd3ce558f74b0b4fc082b87a7e60cf43d7010e03c/
>
> You can run the smoke tester directly from this command:
>
>   python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-7.0.0-RC2-revd3ce558f74b0b4fc082b87a7e60cf43d7010e03c/
>
> Reminder: You would need to run this from branch_7_0.
>
> Here's my +1:
>
> SUCCESS! [0:55:18.587149]
>
> NOTE: I intend to keep the vote open for 5 working days, instead of the
> standard 3 as this is a major release, and we have a 6.6.1 out for vote in
> parallel.
>

> -Anshum

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene/Solr 7.0.0 RC2

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Lucene docs, changes and javadocs look good.

Smoke tester averred: SUCCESS! [0:29:08.876808]

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
+1 SUCCESS! [2:36:31.882660]

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.
> *) http://lucene.apache.org/solr/quickstart.html is now out of date in
> couple of ways apart from the version
> **) for the indexing of "docs/" as there is only 1 indexable file in
> there are Javadocs were removed
>

> It’s been discussed in some documentation JIRA, but I agree that it should
> be fixed
> when 7.0 is released.

The tutorial was reported as broken about 3 months ago:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10862.

I recently completely redid the Tutorial in SOLR-10842 in order to
move it to the Ref Guide where it can be more dynamically kept up to
date. Most of the work for that issue was to fix SOLR-10862.

SOLR-10842 isn't resolved yet because of my last comment, which is to
remove quickstart.html from the website (or, more accurately, redirect
people to the new location) when the 7.0 Ref Guide is released. So,
planning that transition is in progress already. My intent is to
resolve both these related issues once the publicly available tutorial
a) works, and b) is the one in the Ref Guide.

I'm not sure if the other comments about the tutorial are still
relevant with the redesigned tutorial - I don't recall seeing those
field issues, but if folks are interested, you probably want to check
it out before the Ref Guide release:
https://builds.apache.org/view/L/view/Lucene/job/Solr-reference-guide-master/javadoc/solr-tutorial.html

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene/Solr 7.0.0 RC2

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Thanks everyone. I'll respin now as we have all blockers resolved (again).

Anshum

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
I’ve fixed SOLR-11313 and SOLR-11315.  I also found a couple doc and source comment trie* field mentions that I got rid of: SOLR-11324.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Found a related blocker:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11315 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11315> "Files example does not start due to "Unknown fieldType 'tdouble’""

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

OK, I pushed the change to all 3 branches, including 7.0. I have seen the 6.6.1 indexes were already pushed, too.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de <http://www.thetaphi.de/>

Posted by Varun Thacker <va...@vthacker.in>.
Hi Uwe,

I think I committed the back compat indexes last night. Did I miss anything?

The indexes were committed as part of two commits on branch_7_0 and
branch_7x because of an oversight but overall they should have been fine

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@apple.com>.
Sure, Uwe.

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
I pushed it to the 7.0 branch.

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
-1

[...]

Of these, I think DIH should be easy to fix, but the _text_ +
dynamicSchema may need to be revisited or at least clarified. Other
issues may be less important.

Regards,
   Alex.

----